The health care industry is unaffected by the weak economy - and a good freelance medical writer can earn $100,000 a year!
One of the most interesting - and lucrative - copywriting niches I've ever written for is medical and health care writing:
** A manufacturer of autoclaves - a machine used to sterilize surgical tools in the OR - paid me $8,000 to write a detailed brochure on its product line.
** For a publisher, I wrote a promotion that successfully launched a consumer health newsletter. My fee for the letter was $10,000.
** A company that distributes oxygen and other medical gases to hospitals needed a slick color brochure for their sales reps to take on appointments. For $2,500, I wrote a 6-pager for them.
Why do I like medical and health care copywriting so much? For three reasons....
>> FIRST, medical writing is one of the most diverse niches, both in subject matter and format.
For one client, I edited a hardcover medical book on replacement hips and other synthetic orthopedic replacement parts.
For another client, I wrote a newsletter telling surgeons how to speed bone healing with implantable electromagnetic generators.
>> SECOND, health care copywriting can give you a steady stream of assignments even when the economy is uncertain, because the demand for health care products is largely unaffected by recession.
>> THIRD, pharmaceutical manufacturers and other health care providers have relatively deep pockets. So they can - and do - pay writers top dollar.
Getting started as a medical writer -
once difficult, now easier
In my new e-book Making Money as a Medical Writer, I reveal what you need to know to land lucrative medical writing assignments.
- The one writer's association every medical writer in America should join - and what membership can do to advance your career. Page 19.
- 9 types of clients that need medical writers ... and how to approach each for work. Page 45.
- The most lucrative market for medical writers: writing for big pharmaceutical companies. Page 32.
- 7 qualities of highly effective medical writers. Do you have them all? Page 11.
- How to make money writing short e-books on health-related topics for consumers. Page 26.
- 8 ways to optimize pages you write for health care Web sites to boost their rankings in Google and other search engines. Page 42.
- Why you must include citations for books, journal articles, electronic documents, and source materials in your medical writing - and the correct format. Page 14.
- Writing and formatting an impressive medical writing resume. Page 48.
- 15 great Web sites for researching medical topics. Page 50.
- Get paid to write magazine articles on health issues for the general public. Page 32.
- 15-part outline you must follow when writing drug monographs for doctors and corporate clients. Page 34.
- Why demand for medical writers is exploding today - and will continue to do so for years to come. Page 5.
- Where to bid on available freelance medical writing assignments online. Page 53.
- The 3 types of medical writing. Which will you choose? Page 7.
- Where to find medical writing opportunities - staff and freelance - online. Page 53.
- How to make big bucks with your writing as part of a clinical study team. Page 8.
- 8 lucrative assignments writing materials that educate doctors and the general public on conditions, diseases, and medical treatments. Page 9.
- Must you have an M.D. or Ph.D. to become a medical writer? The answer may surprise you. Page 13.
- 11 things every medical writer should have on his or her Web site. Page 35.
- How to avoid copyright infringement when writing on complex medical topics. Page 16.
- 19 common medical writing assignments and the hourly rates for each. Page 18.
- How to promote your medical writing services and get more assignments than you could ever hope to handle. Page 36.
- 9 key organizations for medical writers to network or join. Page 57.
- How to cite references for source material in your copy. Page 59.
- Best Web sites for researching medical topics online. Starts on page 50.
- And so much more....
To order your copy of Make Money as a Medical Writer on a 90-day risk-free trial basis, just click below now:
Make money as a medical writer - starting today!
The writer's tips in Make Money as a Medical Writer have literally made me tens of thousands of extra dollars during my freelance writing career....
Writing for health care clients ranging from EBI Medical Systems and Bergen Neurological ... to Medical Economics and Howmedica ... to Siemens and Crest Ultrasonics.
And I'm confident they can help make an extra $1,000 ... $5,000 ... even $10,000 or more in your freelance business this year with lucrative assignments from health care clients.
But it won't cost you $10,000 ... $1,000 ... or even $100 to profit from Make Money as a Medical Writer.
Instead, you pay only $29 ... less than I charge for just 5 minutes of my time ... about the cost of your health plan's deductible for a single doctor's office visit.
And that's what I charge you only if my ideas work for you. If they don't, the cost is zero. Zip. Zilch. Nada....
Try it risk-free for 90 days
That's right. If, after reviewing Make Money as a Medical Writer, you aren't making money in medical writing that even your own doctor might envy....
Or you are not 100% satisfied for any other reason ... or for no reason at all ...
We'll refund your $29 payment in full. No questions asked. And you can still keep the e-book absolutely free with my compliments.
That way, you risk nothing.
So, what are you waiting for?
To order Make Money as a Medical Writer on a 90-day risk-free trial basis, click below now:
P.S. Quick-Response Bonus! Order Make Money as a Medical Writer today and you get a FREE 60-page Bonus Report, How to Write Better and Faster (list price: $29).
In it, you will discover:
- How to write business letters that get results. Page 19.
- Why doctors, engineers, techies, and businesspeople can't write. Page 9.
- How to write more effective product brochures. Page 52.
- 10 ways to improve your technical writing. Page 3.
- 7 ways to create print that generate more leads and sales. Page 49.
- Tips for fulfilling inquiries and literature requests from prospects. Page 29.
- And more.
To order Make Money as a Medical Writer ... and get your FREE Bonus Report ... click below now:
Bob Bly has been a writer since 1979 and a full-time freelance writer since 1982. He earns more than $600,000 a year from his freelance writing, and became a self-made multi-millionaire while still in his 30s.
Bob has written copy for more than 100 clients including Phillips, Agora, KCI, 21st Century, Weiss Research, EBI Medical Systems, Sony, IBM, AT&T, Grumman, Crain Communications, McGraw-Hill, IBM, Intuit, Nortel, and AlliedSignal.
Bob is the author of more than 60 books including The Complete Idiot's Guide to Direct Marketing (Alpha), The Ultimate Unauthorized Star Trek Quiz Book (HarperCollins), The "I Hate Kathie Lee Gifford" Book (Kensington), The Science in Science Fiction (BenBella), and, with Bo Dietl, Business Lunchatations (Penguin).
He has published more than 100 articles in such publications as Subscription Marketing, Direct, Business Marketing, Writer's Digest, and Amtrak Express.
Bob's writing awards include a Gold Echo from the Direct Marketing Association, an IMMY from the Information Industry Association, two Southstar Awards, an American Corporate Identity Award of Excellence, the Standard of Excellence award from the Web Marketing Association, and AWAI 2007 Copywriter of the Year. He has also taught marketing at New York University.
Bob has appeared as a guest on dozens of TV and radio shows including The Advertising Show, Bernard Meltzer, CNBC, and CBS Hard Copy. He has been featured in major media ranging from the LA Times and Nation's Business to the New York Post and the National Enquirer.
about Bob Bly
"I started down this road of copywriting for direct marketers by purchasing your book. Since then I have made about $50,000 in copywriting fees. I feel a debt of gratitude toward you!"
"I went to Amazon.com and got a copy of Secrets of a Freelance Writer. Wow! ... I loved it! Packed with info. The book had a 'readability' about it that took away all my fears, put me at ease, and made me feel that I wasn't treading on foreign soil. I kept saying to myself, 'I can do that, I can do that!'"
--Ronald J. Rich
"Your books served as a complete reference when I started my own freelance writing business a year and a half ago. By following the advice you laid out, I quickly reached goals that I had set for year three of my business within the first year. My philosophy is, if you've written it or recommended it, I want to read it."
"I own a copy of The Copywriter's Handbook, which is priceless. Thank you for making this information available to those of us on a shoestring."
--Mary Klaebul, Memphis, TN
"I own Secrets of a Freelance Writer: How to Make $85,000 a Year and The Copywriter's Handbook. Both are great. You did a great job of getting to the nitty gritty. I admire and respect what you have done."
--Derek A. Chilcoat
"FYI, you started me off with your tape series on freelance copywriting, and I'm an avid reader of yours."
--Scott T. Smith, Bozeman, MT
"Having read two of your books, Secrets of a Freelance Writer and The Copywriter's Handbook, I am now taking the leap. If not for the strong encouragement of your books, I might not have jumped. Thanks again for the road map that your books offered."
"I am a great fan and avid reader of your books. When I first started out in this copywriting business nearly ten years ago, your Secrets of a Freelance Writer was my bible (it's so dog-eared, some of the pages are coming apart). You continue to be a great source of inspiration and education."
--John M. Mora, Plainfield, IL
"Thank you for all the books you've written over the years -- I have enjoyed many of them, and profited from what I've learned. I've been reading Become a Recognized Authority in Your Field this past month -- it's helping me really do the things I've always wanted to do."
"I read Write More, Sell More a few years ago and loved it."
"The first time I read your book Secrets of a Freelance Writer I laughed at the fact of picturing myself as a business writer. The second time I read it, I made over $1,000 in a week. I'm laughing for a much better reason now."
"I loved your book The Copywriter's Handbook. It has sincerely helped me in my business and is worth every penny I spent on it!"
--Brian Maquire, Portland, OR
"Had I not discovered your Secrets of a Freelance Writer and The Copywriter's Handbook, I would still be a frustrated, unfulfilled hack. Thank you for saving me from that! I appreciate you sharing your knowledge with the rest of us and allowing us to take a piece of the pie. I already love this new career that I never would have discovered without your guidance. Thanks."
"I wanted to thank you for The Copywriter's Handbook and Secrets of a Freelance Writer. Both books are informative and inspirational."
"I have read your books Selling Your Services and The Six Figure Consultant and I really appreciate the wealth of knowledge you have shared in both of these publications."
--Leah Beth Mills, Farmingville, NY
"Thanks a million for my life!"
"Your books The Copywriter's Handbook and Secrets of a Freelance Writer helped me start work as a freelancer. I can't tell you how many times those books saved my skin and got me confidently through unfamiliar materials. I am very grateful for your expertise and generosity."
"One of the best copywriters in the business."
--Michael Meanwell, author, The Wealthy Writer
"Bob Bly is one of the most successful copywriters in the world. I've used his services and purchased a lot of his materials -- and always profited from both."
--Bob Serling, President, Idea Quotient
"Considered one of the best copywriters in the country."
--David E. Wright, President, International Speakers Network
"There's no better copywriter than Robert W. Bly, the man I call the 'King of Copy.' He can teach you more about the art and science of marketing than anyone I know."
--Richard Dean Starr
"20 years ago, when Bob Bly starting teaching copywriting, the field was deeply shrouded in mystery. Now, thanks to Bob, learning copywriting, though still a tricky proposition, is much easier."
"For over 25 years, Bob Bly has set the gold standard in results-oriented business-to-business writing."
--Roger C. Parker, author, Looking Good in Print
"When it comes to educating his fellow copywriters and marketers, Bob Bly is the master."
--Murray Raphel, Raphel Marketing
--Markus Allen, Publisher
"There is no greater authority on business-to-business direct response copywriting then Bob Bly. What impresses me most about Bob Bly is his knack for making things clear and simple."
"Bob Bly is among the most accomplished self-employed copywriters in recent years."